VMware recently announced the release of a new and improved VMware Learning Zone (VLZ) user interface. In addition to a cleaner, brighter, and more engaging interface, the new VLZ UI has been rethought and rebuilt from the ground up to deliver a more modern, intuitive, and impactful experience for our learners.
A Basic Subscription to the VLZ is free and requires a simple login. Premium and Enterprise subscription are also available. Find out more here.
Highlights of the new interface include:
Simplified and intuitive navigation
- Easily scroll or expand content categories
- Hovering over a tile displays detailed content information
- One-click access to content description, enrollment, and content launch page
Improved content display
- All content types have been combined into a single simplified page, regardless of content type or length
- New dynamic content tiles, with informational tag overlays, provide the learner important at-a-glance information
- Updated Communities area enables users to engage in conversations or independently seek assistance from the VLZ support team
More robust search and filtering
- Simplified search box
- A new perpetual left menu gives learners a quick way to filter content through a variety of key parameters
- Learners can easily create their own playlists of videos, screencasts, and other types of content
Updated Learner Dashboard
- Customizable dashboard allows learner to add or remove elements and widgets according to their needs
- Quick content restart allows learners to quickly resume an in-progress course
- Important parameters–such as subscription status/expiration, course enrollments, and transcript history–are now readily visible
Finally, don’t miss our live events, including free weekly educational live webinars and free monthly instructor office hours, where you can ask questions in a live, instructor-led format. Register here!