The VMUG Nominations Committee is pleased to announce the call for nominees to serve on the 2020 VMUG Board of Directors. This year’s committee is comprised of the following members:
- PJ Spagnolatti, Chair
- Scott Lowe
- Mariano Maluf
- John Troyer
- Ann Johnson
The VMware User Group (VMUG) is an independent, global, customer-led organization, created to maximize members’ use of VMware and partner solutions through knowledge sharing, training, collaboration, and events. Participating on the Board of Directors enables you to lend your leadership and vision to the community and to contribute to defining VMUG’s path forward. If you are interested in serving or nominating a fellow member, please see below for more information.
Eligibility: Any end-user member of VMUG in good standing may nominate themselves or fellow members to serve on the VMUG Board of Directors.
Review: All applications will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee. Upon close of the call for nominations, candidates will be contacted by the committee regarding any next steps.
APPLY TODAY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2020VMUGBoardApplication
Only complete submissions will go before the Nominations Committee for consideration. Upon the close for the call for nominations, all applicants will be contacted regarding next steps in the process.
If you want to nominate another individual to serve, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VMUGPeerNomination2020.
Once peer nominations are received, if the nominated individual is eligible for a Board position, we will reach out to confirm interest in moving forward. All peer-nominated individuals will be asked to complete the full application if they are interested in being considered.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 6PM CDT
Should you have any questions, please contact VMUG Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Responsibilities and Position Descriptions
The VMUG Board’s obligation to its members is to govern with a style that emphasizes outward vision, encouragement of diversity in viewpoints, strategic leadership, collective decisions, and future focus.
VMUG Board Positions
VMUG Board Member Position Description
Below are the roles and responsibilities of the positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend all Board meetings and calls
- Be informed about VMUG’s mission, services, policies, and programs
- Support the decisions of the Board in public (speak with one voice)
- Make decisions that reflect the concerns of the membership as a whole
- Engage independent legal counsel in VMUG matters requiring such expertise
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to Board and committee meetings
- Serve on and attend committee meetings as necessary and offer to take on special assignments
- Suggest possible nominees to the Board who can make significant contributions to the work of the Board and VMUG
- Follow conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
- Refrain from making unreasonable requests of the staff
- Assist the Board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities and exercising financial stewardship and good business judgment in all VMUG affairs
- Assist the Board in the orientation of new Board Members about the VMUG mission, services, and policies
For any other information please contact email@example.com.